Why Invest in Cryptocurrency and Blockchain?
One Very Big Reason - Odds are Good that Blockchain will Underpin the Future of Finance
Also, What the Heck are Non-Fungible Tokens? Keep Reading, This Article Explains…
Institutional Investors are Getting in the Game
- Institutional investors move huge sums of money at a time, which means a few biggies can have as much of an impact on prices as large numbers of individual investors.
- The endorsement from institutional investors legitimizes cryptocurrency, which sends a signal to other big investors that cryptocurrency is here to stay, reducing the fear and risk historically associated with distributed finance products.
- Institutional money sends a signal to other businesses (think tech developers, payment processing companies, manufacturers, etc.) that cryptocurrency is legit, which then makes those entities more interested in developing products and services built on de-fi platforms. This creates a cycle of embedding where blockchain becomes a part of the mainstream systems, rather than existing in parallel.
Major Companies are Getting in the Game
Wait... What the Heck are Non-Fungible Tokens???
Let's Use an Example – Every Parents Worst Nightmare – Fortnite
If you have a child, and access to the Internet, odds are good you have argued with that child about buying one or more “skins” for their game avatars. (For those of you out there not having the pleasure of dealing with a child’s Fortnite-skin related meltdown, a “skin” is a costume that Fortnite avatars can wear while playing the game.) You get skins by using real money to buy a “Battle Pass” that allows you the opportunity to engage in challenges that reward you with skins, or you can buy skins with “V-Bucks,” a process akin to using real money to buy tokens at a video arcade (yes, we are dating ourselves with the arcade reference…) and then using those bucks to buy the skins.
The saga of the Fortnite skin often goes like this: You tell your kid, “No way. Skins are a worthless waste of money.”
They come back with, “That is fake news. In fact, my avatar having a tomato for a head is exactly what I need to build better, get the Victory Royale, and become a YouTube star like Ninja! Plus, all my friends have Tomato Head and they keep calling me a newb and a bot, because all I have is the dumb skin that comes standard….yadda, yadda, yadda…”
In order to stop having this conversation ad nauseum, you relent and buy one—or ten—skins (we’re not judging – parenting in the digital age is hard!), muttering all the while about what an incredible waste of money it is to buy dress up clothes for a video game character.
If only there were some way to get that skin money back when your kid inevitably burns out on Fortnite and decides to never play it ever again…
...Enter Non-Fungible Tokens
We are Just Scraping the Surface of What Blockchain has to Offer – Investment Potential is Huge, So It Pays to Be Prepared!
A non-fungible token is a digital ownership vehicle built on a set of universal standards that can turn your Fortnight skin into a unique blockchain enabled asset. This asset – or token – is its own thing, like a plane or a potted plant. You own this token, and built into that ownership is the potential to trade or sell it on the open market across various sales channels. In short, if your Fortnite skins were converted into non-fungible tokens, you could trade or sell them in the same way you could sell concert tickets, or snowboard boots. Now, wouldn’t that be nice…
Technology like this is on the horizon, and blockchain and cryptocurrency are what make it possible.
Let Us Help You Get Set Up with the Coinsquad Intro-to-Crypto Starter Package
The Intro-to-Crypto Starter Package
- Cryptocurrency Exchange Account Set Up
- Hot or Cold Wallet Set Up
- :15 Minute Screen-Share Tutorial on How to Buy and Sell Cryptocurrency
This package is designed to get you set up with everything you need to begin investing in cryptocurrency. Call 1-877-295-4008 to get the details!